Training Solutions International Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick-Clot, Yay or Nay?

2 posters

Go down

Quick-Clot, Yay or Nay? Empty Quick-Clot, Yay or Nay?

Post by 0001 3/11/2015, 15:28

There is a growing conversation in the medical community about the application of Quick-Clot or similar hemostatic agents in a pre-hospital setting. It now comes in a variety of types, including powders that are poured into the wound, or the now more common bandages that are impregnated with it. Proponents argue that it is hugely beneficial for controlling bleeding, since it rapidly causes major bleeds to clot up. Opponents say it can make servicing a wound later at a hospital very difficult because of how thick it can become. Plus Quick-Clot is generally only for controlling surface bleeding, and is not recommended for insertion into deep bleeds for fear that it might travel to the heart and create problems. Do you carry or have you ever used Quick-Clot or a similar product? What were your experiences, and do you think it is a viable product to stock in med and bug out bags?
Admin

http://trainingsolutionsinternational.com

Back to top Go down

Quick-Clot, Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Quick-Clot, Yay or Nay?

Post by 0051 7/20/2015, 21:58

While i don't have any personal experience, my brother-in-law, who is currently military and has been on a deployment, says that quick clot is awesome and works really well. With that said, he didn't have to experience dealing with it in a hospital setting. Personally, i think it is a great idea, and am curious to see how it works for myself, but haven't found a willing volunteer.... :/

Back to top Go down

Post by 0001 7/21/2015, 19:59

Hahaha go figure. Razz Yeah I have yet to use it outside of training, I've heard it's really good when you have a lot of bleeding. So I think it definitely has a role in a pre-hospital setting.
Admin

http://trainingsolutionsinternational.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum