Training Solutions International Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Defense Stun Gun

3 posters

Go down

Home Defense Stun Gun Empty Home Defense Stun Gun

Post by 0033 3/15/2015, 10:48

Any thoughts on this little gem? I am wondering how safe it is to carry, i.e. am I going to end up zapping myself when it's sitting in my pocket.

https://everydaysurvivalists.com/stun/index.html?utm_source=HT106&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=Stun%20Gun

Back to top Go down

Home Defense Stun Gun Empty Re: Home Defense Stun Gun

Post by 0001 3/15/2015, 20:45

I have played around with something similar, but not one that is that small. Pretty doable price tag, might be worth looking into just to see!
Admin

http://trainingsolutionsinternational.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 0033 3/15/2015, 20:59

That's what I was thinking. When I get an actual paycheck again, that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by 0001 3/16/2015, 21:11

Haha that would help yes.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 0051 4/7/2015, 17:18

I have never personally been in a fight, but, would a handheld taser really help in a street fight? Other than than being an intimidation factor, would they really be useful? they have the range of your arm, you have to hit the button when/ just before you touch them, you have to be able to touch them with it, and if you can it will only shock them for a split second. for a taser to be completely effective, doesn't it have to have contact for at least a couple of seconds? And if you are skilled enough to touch your opponent for several seconds with a taser, wouldn't you be skilled enough to drop him and get away? Unless you want to drop him, then tase him then put hand cuffs on, then a handheld would be useful. or it would be useful when taking down an attacker if they were attacking someone else and you got them from behind. Don't get me wrong, i do actually like tasers, but i'm just not sure that they are the most effective thing in a fight. Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Post by 0033 4/7/2015, 19:20

The way I look at it, the Stun Gun is just an potential tool, which would not obviously be effective (or appropriate) in ALL situations. It could be a viable option if an attacker was on top of you. In this instance, you would likely be close enough to apply it, hope it works and, if it does, disengage as quickly as possible and RUN. Forget about sticking around to try to restrain the attacker unless you are trained and equipped to do so. Just as police officers do, I suggest that civilians carry multiple force options, such as pepper spray (or hair spray), Stun Gun, possibly a firearm if one is comfortable carrying one, etc. This can include improvised weapons, such as a set of keys. NOTHING is 100 percent effective, I can tell you this from a lot of years of experience. I also HIGHLY recommend that if you carry ANY weapon, become trained in how to use it appropriately, and add into the mix personal defense training. In addition to basic training, you need to be willing to practice skills that you learn. This should not only be in the form of actual physical training, but in your mind, as well. Think about different situations that may arise and how you would react to a threat. When you are walking down the street, think to yourself, if that guy over there suddenly attacked me, I would do X. If you do this, it will GREATLY improve your reaction time if something does happen. People who do not prepare themselves ahead of time, physically AND mentally, tend to freeze in a confrontation. If you freeze, you will lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by 0001 4/7/2015, 23:36

Very true, plus to some people a taser or Stun Gun is more comfortable than a gun or pepper spray. The thing with pepper spray is that it's the gift that gives indiscriminately, so if you use it you're most likely going to get it too. Tasers and stung guns not so much. A lot of people aren't comfortable with firearms, but a stun gun could be a good compromise. Plus I agree that having multiple force options is good. Haha of course we've been trained so understanding the Force Spectrum means having options is good. So really it comes down to what the user is comfortable with carrying, and of course being trained on how to use it properly. Juts picking up a tool at the store and carrying can work but leaves a lot to chance, you have to be trained to use that tool to the best advantage.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum